(If I forgot you or you'd like to be added to the list, send me an e-mail with your Interweb-tube's You-Are-Ill [URL] and I'll include you.)
Equipment, Parts & Accessories, Repairs, Recording:
- American Music - equipment & repairs (Seattle - Fremont); I buy local whenever possible and will not be caught dead in
a Guitar Center store because they treat customers like thieves.
- Aaron Andrews - most excellent stringed-instrument repairman & luthier; my Number One go-to guy!
- Bard's Cathedral - the "anti-studio;" recording and CD duplication for musicians on a budget; run by accomplished polymath musician and certifiable multi-tasker, Thaddeus Spae. (West Seattle)
- Dusty Strings is the premier acoustic-instrument shop in the area; lots of beautifuland expensiveaxes to drool over. They also have a really nice, intimate performance space you can book. (Seattle - Fremont)
- Whatever I said about Dusty Strings goes double for Emerald City Guitars, where five-figure collectibles are just hanging on the walls, waiting for you to animate them -- and the owners' faces when you buy one. (Seattle - Pioneer Square)
- Flightcases.com makes industrial-strength, custom instrument and equipment cases for everything in need of protection from airport gorillas and truculent roadies.
- Just Strings - just strings, in bulk & at great prices.
- Master Works - the very best CD mastering around -- great set of ears! (Seattle - Interbay)
- Musician's Friend - equipment catalog.
- Novax Guitars - Ralph Novak, fanned-fret pioneer and veteran custom luthier, makes some really bitchin' guitars. I'm currently drooling over a custom Serenade EL while saving my pennies to get him started on it. (Eugene, OR)
- Self Adhesive Records - full-featured digital & analog recording (Seattle - Georgetown). My last two CDs were recorded here; owner Jon Goff (formerly guitar, bass and keyboard for the Memphis Radio Kings) also served as producer, with mastering by Barry Corliss of Master Works.
- Shoestring Studios - recording acoustic music since 1977; Chris Glanister, Engineer/Producer, 425-218-5872. (Edmonds, WA)
- Stewart-MacDonald - parts, accessories & instrument kits.
- Trading Musician - used acoustic and electric instruments & equipment; hard-to-find amp and guitar parts, good prices, nice people. (Seattle - Ravenna)
For Guitar Players & Performers:
- The Cascade Blues Association is a good site to check out for all sorts of info including pictures and sound clips; Affiliate Member, The Blues Foundation.
- The Seattle Folklore Society's Web site contains everything you need to know about Seattle's folk music scene - where to go, where and when to set your radio dial, who's hot and where to get the CDs, and much more. Indispensable for folk-music fans.
- The South Sound Blues Association is based in blues hot spot Tacoma, WA; Affiliate Member, The Blues Foundation.
- Victory Music is an all-volunteer organization founded in 1969 to support all kinds of acoustic music in the Puget Sound area. These are the folks I hang with most of the time.
- I also belong to the Washington Blues Society, which supports blues in the Pacific Northwest; Affiliate Member, The Blues Foundation.
See you at the next gig! Bluesically Yours,
« Home » « The Music » « Bio » « Links & Resources » « Gig Calendar »
« Emerald City Jug Band » « The RooTsters »
« Contact Stanislove »